19 January 2005

Too long between entries

Has it really been 18 days since last I touched base with you, my loyal reader(s)?
I apologize for the delay, but truthfully, not a blessed thing has happened in the interim.
My mother and brother turned a year older, I've watched far too many tsunami home videos (it's like a snuff disaster film), and I've been a little under the weather.
That's about the extent of it.

Here's something, though. Not that it's about me, but...
I was in a production of Jesus Christ Superstar some years ago, and the guy who played Jesus was on American Idol last night. It appears he was in a rock band in NYC, and went to audition in DC. They made something of a bit out of him and his band last night, and we got to see some of the worst aspects of reality television. We got the "Band Rehearsal Footage", which one could determine was actually filmed by a Fox crew some time after the audition, when Ryan Seacrest visited Constantine (the guy who played Jesus). Constantine then told his bandmates he's accepted an invitation to Hollywood to go on the show. So... how then did he explain the presence of a camera crew to his bandmates? Also, it was a lot of fun to see Constantine impersonate a human being. It's something he's not extremely good at. He's a bit of an egomaniac, and he can't really disguise it too well. So that's always fun to watch. So I'll keep watching. Stupid television. Stupid Brian...

No comments: