16 April 2006

Long overdue

I saw Franz Ferdinand and Death Cab For Cutie at the Tweeter Center in scenic Camden last weekend.
Franz were again the energetic rocking funsters they were the last time I saw them in October.
This was the first time I saw Death Cab. I've often felt that Death Cab sung pop tunes for kids who cut themselves, and this show was further proof. There were teens aplenty. And there were parents. The entire row behind us seemed like the Real Housewives of Bucks County.
Death Cab were good, though I probably wouldn't see them again. I don't care how hard you hit your drums, high much you jump up and down during the songs, or if you're from Seattle - you ain't grunge. You ain't heavy. And maybe one of these days it wouldn't hurt to write a happy song. Something that you can do for an encore, as opposed to the current bummerfest choices, "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" and "Transatlantacism". Kids cheered as they heard the first chords of "I Will Follow You Into The Dark". Upon seeing the incredulous look on my face, my pal Tom said, "It's their suicide pact song."
Also - the fans are kind of annoying. All the camera phones and digital cameras being shoved up in the air in front of my face the whole time. Damn kids think that if they don't have a picture, they weren't really at the show.

No comments: