21 July 2006

an online photo horror story? I dunno.

My chum cum boss and I have a client out in the woods of NE Pennsylvania. The client's offices are nestled among the remains of a resort community. This particular community serviced the garment worker's union back in the day, but it's gone to seed. It is now the creepiest place I've ever been. And I've been given a guided tour! (Second is the basement of my aunt's old house. )

Anyhow - since we first visited, ST and I have been fascinated by the joint, by all the run down cabins, the beautiful theater that's been neglected for so long that the deer have made homes inside. There was a set of bungalows that were restored (really, beautifully restored) for the original administrative offices of our client, but once they downsized they were abandoned, and they're just as bad as the rest now.
So we think this place would be a fantastic place for a horror flick. And we started talking about our killer, that he/she's be a garment worker who died in a sweatshop, or some child laborer who died under the horrible working conditions of the late 1800s/early 1900s. Or just some crazy whack job, I dunno. Your ideas are as good as ours.
We dubbed her, The Seamstress. A name which conjured up dozens of lousy catch phrases and witty ways of dispatching oversexed teenagers and others...
To get a brief idea of how the place looks, head on over to My Photoset on Flickr and check out the pics from the last time we were there. I hope to get there in the evening some time soon, and I'll take some night shots.
I don't know what exactly to do with all these, but I thought it'd be fun to PhotoShop some of our friends getting gutted at various locales, and write some witty situations or dialogue to go with them. Of course, if you were all closer, I'd just put you in the car and drive out there to faux kill ya.
So do with these pics what you will. I will try and post more as I get out there again, and I think might be posting some as well.
All comments and caption ideas are welcome. Don't ask me why I took so many pictures of the vending machine. I don't know.

No comments: