23 February 2005

Fingers Crossed

The reality obsession continues....

On American Idol tonight, we'll see if Constantine Maroulis (who was Jesus in the production of Superstar where I was Herod... and should have been Judas) and his mediocre "Kiss From A Rose" survives to sing again next week. My roomie and I have decided that even though he's a jerk, and his performance Monday wasn't sterling, we'd still like to see him advance. Just so we'll have another week to make fun of him or enjoy his progress. Basically to bask in the reflected glow of his success. (And if you're counting, his fame clock is at about 31 minutes.)

But of FAR greater importance tonight is the Project Runway finale! Where we'll see (I'm watching with 's sister-in-law) if our beloved Jay wins the big prize. Personally, if Jay doesn't win, I won't be crushed, cause I know he's still got a future ahead of him. I'm not even rooting against the show's "villain", Wendy. She's done her best to play the game to win. People have accused her of using tactics and chicanery. I think people are jealous that she's gotten herself to the finals. Wendy's not as good as some of the designers she's left in her wake, but she didn't make the stupid, fatal mistakes they all seemed to make. Sucks for them.

In other news, I watched Conan tonight to see Rufus Wainwright perform his cover of "Stairway to Paradise" - not to be confused with "Stairway to Heaven", mind you. It's a Gershwin tune he recorded for The Aviator soundtrack (and performs in the movie, I hear). Always nice to see Rufus, this time wearing black tie and tails and backed by a swinging rag band.

Ah well, off to bed...

No comments: