23 February 2005

A quick chortle...

Something some of you know about me is that I'm all about my Xbox. I love playing online and have made some very good friends via Xbox Live.
These friends maintain a message board so we can chat, swap ideas, schedule games, things like that. Apparently, when these guys get board, they just spam the crap out of this board. Today produced this gem:
The topic was "Your gay"
And the entire body of the message was " :o "

Now - I understand that boys will be boys, and that "fag", "faggot", and "gay" are insulting words of choice among the immature, but this got my dander up a bit. I can tolerate all sorts of slights, especially minor one where no harm is intended, but seriously, was this even worth this guy's thirty seconds?

So I replied to the post:

"Here's a fun little trick I like to try sometimes - proper grammar.
For instance, "Your gay" is either misspelled or incomplete.
A correct spelling may have been "You're gay", or the more formal, "You, sir, are gay". "You are all gay" or the more vulgar "Y'all are gay" would also have been alright. "Y'all's is gay" would not have been acceptable.
The other option is that you submitted your post before completing it. Some possibilities that crossed my mind are, "Your gay floral arrangement" or "Your gay '90s retrospective is lacking". Personally, though, I think you probably meant to type, "Your gay cousin told me I gave the best blowjob he'd ever had, but he wished I wasn't so loose in the trunk."
Was that what you were saying?"

The guy still hasn't replied....

It's the small things that make us happy sometimes.

No comments: