03 January 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

OK - maybe that's not true, but if you're like me, the end of the holidays is a much more pleasant time than the holidays themselves. Of course, that might be because I'm single and stuff. (And time is passing. I feel like a Nathan Lane character, "I'm not new...")

Anyway - I wisely took a break from blogging in December, as all the bad things happen in December (birthday, christmas, NYE, more family engagements than I care to mention).

Some cool stuff did happen in December - I went to a Railroad Earth concert on my birthday at the Bowery with my brother and his fiancee. Always good to see RRE. My sister's beau is the lead singer. They're a non-traditional bluegrass band (that is to say, they have a drummer). There was a nice surreal moment before they went on where I was chatting with my sister's boyfriend (Todd), and we were interrupted by some guy who wanted Todd's picture (I graciously offered to take a shot of the two of them. That guy's *never* getting his camera back!) and then a roadie came over and told Todd he had 5 minutes. I thought, "Todd has roadies AND stalkers. Cool."

I don't know what else I've got here. But I figured I'd post something.
Maybe some 2005 retrospective later. Who knows?

No comments: