22 June 2006

I know I'm not the only one...

1) I am so stoked for Superman Returns. (I'm sure not nearly as much as .) The guy looks like he might do the role some justice (and if not, he's kinda purty), and I think Spacey as Luthor is spot on casting. That's before we even get to the fact that Parker Posey is going to play another scenery chewing villainess (ahh... Josie and the Pussycats).

2) I'm really, really bummed about the poor US showing in the World Cup. I guess I'm going to root for the English side now. (And maybe Argentina. Though they are sorta diametrically opposed politically. I think this was how I got through the Falklands, too - cheering for both sides.)
I'll pull for the English because, well, they're English. But Argentina is playing such a beautiful brand of soccer right now - great bits of creativity, some amazing combination play, breathtaking skill, really. So I think if the Argentines were to face the Brits, I'd be wearing some sky blue and white. And maybe doing an eight ball of blow in honor of Maradona.

No comments: